THE pepper EXPRESS: 10 Year Anniversary in Nevada City

Monday, April 3, 2017

10 Year Anniversary in Nevada City

 
The Broad Street Inn is located in Nevada City about an hour past Sacramento. It was our destination for our ten year anniversary. We have made a tradition of staying in little towns and accommodating their B&Bs for our wedding anniversary; since we were married in Loomis, CA at the Flower Farm Inn. My mother in law recommended Nevada City and how charming the city was and yes this town is absolutely darling! My husband chose to stay here because we would be within walking distance of all of the shops and restaurants. We made ourselves at home and hit the town for some appetizers and drinks. The inn keeper recommended eating at Lefty's Grill which is less than half a mile away. We walked downhill to the grill to have polenta fried cakes with balsamic vinegar and sun-dried tomatoes ( best thing I've ever tasted) and then we tried some beer on tap. The next morning was groggy and a little hazy, maybe it was because I was hungover, but I needed coffee ASAP. Luckily, they had wonderful accommodations and directed us to the sun room to have some coffee and tea before check out:
My husband doesn't drink coffee but he sure knows how to hold my cup and his iced chamomile tea :)
RJ said our breakfast destination would be unique and when we encountered Ike's Quarter Cafe I was very interested in trying some Cajun-Creole Breakfast. What intrigued my husband about this place was the vegan and vegetarian options that were available. Walking up to the Quarter Cafe you are taken back by the view of an enormous cherry tree in full bloom. These pictures don't even do it justice. The entire court yard is canopied with gorgeous blooms that fall upon you when the wind blows. It's something that only happens during spring. Please take note of my husbands blogger pose:
Ike's Quarter Cafe is decorated to make you feel like your are in New Orleans. And it was spot on:
Since there was such a variety of vegetarian food we ordered Vegan Biscuits and Gravy plus French Toast covered with bananas, pecans and brown sugar:
When my husband surprised me and said that we would be going on a hike. I was a little upset at first. Because going on a hike isn't something you surprise someone with. I didn't even bring tennis shoes. I was stuck hiking in those adorable booties that ended up giving me blisters. But the hike yea, it was beautiful:
My not so pleased face...
We goofed around with the camera timer. All of these photos came out blurry. But they are my favorite:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...