THE pepper EXPRESS: Take Me to the Beach - Capitola Beach

Friday, March 24, 2017

Take Me to the Beach - Capitola Beach

A few weeks ago I was down in the dumps and not feeling so well. We had learned that I had miscarried and I was just feeling awful about it. I am very thankful for friends and family who were there for moral support, including close friends who have been in the same scenario. All of their words were encouraging and helpful. However, I couldn't get out of my slump. I needed something to lift my soul. My sweet husband gathered up a few things and made the decision to take me to the beach. We drove for two hours in smoggy traffic, through the gorgeous hills of highway 17, and even past Santa Cruz to one of my favorite destinations: Capitola. Since I was a little girl I have always imagined retiring in this town. It is a place that brings me serenity. We only stayed for three hours. And those three hours meant everything to me:
Some of my favorite restaurants are Zelda's on the Beach, Mr. Kebob and the Sotola Bar & Grille which are all located on the Esplanade. We walked along the sandy sidewalk and window shopped in all of the local boutiques.
This is my husbands: "why are you taking a photo smile"
We settled for some of Maryanne's ice cream at a local creamery and Solin and I shared some Rocky Road. Big secret: my favorite ice cream will always be rocky road or peanut butter chocolate. I have never strayed from the two. 
This is a tradition of ours to take photos in front of this sign:
There is nothing better than dipping your feet into that wet sand. 
Solin brought along a lizard figurine she has become attached to. She thinks he's the chameleon "Pascal" from Tangled.
While we were running into the water, RJ was up on the Capitola Pier taking these adorable photos of Solin and me:
The aftermath of running into the water:
Solin had an extra change of clothes, but we had forgot them in the car. On our walk back to the car she wore my sweater and looked like E.T.
One thing that I truly appreciate about this blogging community is that so many of you are willing to reach out and help somebody that you only know through social media. I really appreciate all of your kind words. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...