THE pepper EXPRESS: Pulled Pork Slider Recipe

the pepper express

Friday, October 14, 2016

Pulled Pork Slider Recipe

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AD #Tailgreatness #CollectiveBias
Growing up I simply thought pulled pork sandwiches were made with pork and barbecue sauce. After many attempts of recreating that recipe, I have perfected the pulled pork slider. You do in fact use barbecue sauce, but the Worcestershire sauce and mustard were ingredients that I included to add even more flavor. I usually can't handle all of the flavor put in this recipe because I suffer from frequent heartburn. Luckily I set my table with Nexium® 24HR Capsules. Just one pill a day helps my acid reflux and allows me to enjoy my delicious recipes. I bought the 42 count capsules from Walmart and if you would like to sign up for savings on Nexium® 24HR Capsules click HERE! With this recipe and Nexium® 24HR Capsules my family and I are able to prepare for college football season. Being prepared helps me indulge in my favorite foods without the heartburn. These sliders can be made overnight or prepared early in the morning to serve during the fall season. If you are like my family and already watching the college football games, well here is a perfect recipe to share while tailgating:
Pulled Pork Sliders
Necessary: Slow Cooker
Ingredients
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 pork shoulder roast
1 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 packed brown sugar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp chili powder
1 white onion, chopped
2 tsp of minced garlic
1 package of prepared buns
3 tbsp of melted butter

Directions
Prepare all of you ingredients and once you have everything measured out. Pour the vegetable oil on the bottom of your slow cooker and then place your pork shoulder into the slow cooker.
Next pour all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and mix them together. Put the lid on and cook you roast on high for 6 hours.
While your pork is roasting prepare you buns by cutting the entire loaf in half. On the cut side, brush the melted butter over each bun. Then toast the buns for 15 minutes at 150 degrees.
To shred the pork you must use two forks to separate the pork shoulder. You can use your hands but it gets extremely messy.
Spoon the shredded pork onto the prepared buns. You can now assemble your sliders:
I like to serve my sliders with a fresh Cole Slaw. You can eat the cole  slaw on the side or even put it in your slider.
Get all-day, all-night protection from frequent heartburn with Nexium® 24HR*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...