THE pepper EXPRESS: Solin's Yosemite Trip

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Solin's Yosemite Trip

I know I know the rule that you should put your phone down while you are outside. But as a photographer I had to capture these moments. We used to carry on a tradition of going to Yosemite every February and the last time we went to Yosemite I was eight months pregnant with Solin. You check that post out HERE. It has been over two years since we have been back! Typing that actually made me sad. Because I love Yosemite. 
Well we recently invested in a pop up tent and that thing has saved my camping sanity. It made everything so convenient.  We packed everything in there and once we were on our campsite we were able to pop it up right then and there. By the way Solin LOVES to camp. She gets to play in the dirt. She gets to run all over the place. Plus she gets to run after squirrels and birds. Solin was born to be outside:
Here is a photo of Solin picking up her gum off the ground. And then she put it in her month while i was taking this photo. Talk about mom freak out moment: "Gross! That's yucky!"
My loves using their binoculars to look at the birds:
Solin called each and every rock a slide :)
If you check out the last Yosemite post HERE you can see that we have a very similar photo of Solin in my belly. I am going to treasure these photos:
This makes me so sad. Curry Village has turned into Half Dome Village because of some copyrighting issue and now their sign looks like this:
One of the best ideas I've had about camping was to pack our weekly Blue Apron meals to go camping. We were going to be gone for a couple days and I didn't want them to sit in the fridge. So I packed each individual meal in a large freezer bag and I was able to cook them out side on our camping stove. This recipe is called a Fregola Sarda Pasta and it was the perfect meal after  long day of biking and hiking.
My husband bought these camping stoves a while back and they are incredible for camping:
The finished product and oh how delicious it was:
Camping wouldn't be complete without s'mores. When my husband went to the store to buy s'mores supplies he came back with graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate morsels. I said "Wait a minute dude. Where's my chocolate bar?" and he said "It's better with morsels!" Well I couldn't survive without that bar of chocolate, so when we stopped for gas I bought a few bars and hide them in the ice chest. And guess who's s'more was better:
This photo makes me laugh because Solin couldn't wait for daddy to make pancakes. She had to have breakfast before breakfast. It was really cute how she asked for cereal and then pancakes. I guess with all of the hiking she needed the extra carbs:
My little bear:
While riding our tandem on the bike trails we would often stop at Half Dome Village for coffee, wifi, and even their restrooms:
North Dome:
I am so happy I can put her hair up in a pony tail again:
Another sad moment was when I found out that the Ahwahnee Hotel is now called the Majestic Hotel. We like to walk through the solarium and even their grand banquet room is gorgeous. We thought about stopping for dinner. But realized the price for an organic fried eggplant was a little too much considering we had all the ingredients back at our camp site. 
Usually when we go to Yosemite in February the falls are full of water and there is snow on the ground. Seeing the falls in September made me a little somber. They were completely dry:
This cheeky little girl was so dirty by the time we left; that we actually ran out of clean clothes for. I tried not to over pack. Next time I will be prepared.
Until next time Yosemite!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...