THE pepper EXPRESS: Mother's Day Confessions

Friday, May 6, 2016

Mother's Day Confessions

I don't want flowers, I don't want cards, I want the simple things in life. I want to have breakfast at the table with all of my family there. I would like the food to be homemade in my own kitchen. We could even wear our pajamas... I don't mind. I don't want anything froofy. I would like anything for the minimalist. The simple things in life. My favorite times spent with my family are when we can gather around our kitchen table and laugh about our everyday lives. This doesn't happen as often as I would like. Honestly, if I push for it maybe three times a week we all sit around the table for dinner. Another confession is: no one needs to buy me any of these things. I would be happy with nothing on Mother's Day. These are just a few things that I am in the market for and I would actually buy myself:
Mother's Day Gift Guide


  1. Market Basket: May, June and July are the months to hit up farmers markets. I would love to take either one of these baskets to the farmers market. 
  2. Beatles Record: When we move next month we will be getting a hand-me-down record player from the 80's and I would love to have a few Beatles Records in my collection.
  3. Turkish Beach Towel: I already have one of these and when I took it to Hawaii last year it was perfect for the beach. I wore it as a sarong, I used it as a beach towel and even as a scarf! I would love to have a collection of these for our new home!
  4. French Press: This is how I make my coffee. I don't have a coffee machine. I boil my water in a kettle and then put a scoop of coffee in the french press and that's how I prefer to make my coffee. However, mine broke last month. Mommy is in need of a new one! 
  5. Le Labo Candle and Snuffer: A relaxing scent is always perfect for a bubble bath. The snuffer is a luxury because I hate the smell of candles when they are blown out.
  6. Cactus Tee: Cinco de Mayo is giving me the inspiration for this tee. We have a few fun parties to go to this month with a Fiesta theme and I would love to wear this shirt with some high wasted shorts!
  7. Cactus Prints: I have searched etsy.com high and low for a great cactus print. I would love a very large black and white print to go front and center in my living room. But this print and this one are on my favorites!
  8. Anthropologie Mug: It would be ideal to have the initials of all my family members. But a 'J' would be fine!
  9. African Basket: Just singling this basket out to point out how cute it is!
  10. Wooden Utensils: These would complete my wooden spoon collection!
  11. Terrarium Terrain: This trinket box would be perfect to hold some beautiful succulents. But recently I saw on Pinterest that you can put your jewelry in there too!
  12. Snake Plant or Succulents: Like I said before, I don't want flowers, I feel like they die to fast and I don't get to enjoy them as much. I would just prefer a plant that will stay alive a little bit longer.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...