THE pepper EXPRESS: South Western Casserole with Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage

the pepper express

Monday, April 11, 2016

South Western Casserole with Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage

We have two teenagers in our house that have band, sports and other extra curricular activities. Plus we have a two year old running around going to her next play date. Some days I don't feel like I have it in me to create a five course meal. That's when this recipe comes in handy. With running around and getting everyone ready I was happy that I was able to get this recipe done. I wish I could trademark this as my 30 minute meal, however, it could actually be made in less time than that! When ever I'm at Kroger I like to pick up a Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage just in case I need to make this recipe. It's a simple recipe that can come together really quick; as long as you have prepared everything ahead of time. There's no need to grate your own cheese when you can buy shredded. Soaking beans is unnecessary when they have canned pinto beans. The pre made rice and the salsa are just making it easy. The only things I actually cut in this recipe was the green onions and the Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage.
Between now and April 19th you can pick up 2 Hillshire Farm sausages for only $5 while supplies last. This is the perfect time to stock up for this recipe for those really hard days...

South Western Casserole
Ingredients:
3 cups prepared Spanish rice
2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
1 16 oz jar prepared medium chunky salsa
1 package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage
1 16 oz can of pinto beans
1 can sliced olives
1/2 cup sliced green onions
All of these ingredient I set out in an orderly fashion to get ready for the casserole.
The first step is to line the bottom of the pan with the Spanish rice:
On top of the rice I spread the pinto beans:
I like to slice my Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage at an angle which gives it a fancy appeal. Then I layer that on top of the rice and pinto beans:
Next I pour the salsa and combine everything together:
The shredded cheese, olives, and green onions garnish the top of the casserole. 
Although I leave a separate part for the picky eaters of the family :(
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
I can not express to you how easy and delicious this recipe is. When I am hangry and having a bad day, this recipe saves me from going insane. I am thankful that there is a wonderful promotion going on right now so that I can buy more to keep on hand!
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®  and Hillshire Farm, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #nohasslesavorymeal http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...