THE pepper EXPRESS: Minimalist Wardrobe

the pepper express

Friday, January 22, 2016

Minimalist Wardrobe

Major wardrobe purge is going on in my closet. And these are the things I want to keep and feel timeless to me. I have read the book: The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo and it changed my life! Other books on my radar are Simple Matters by Erin Boyle and The Kinfolk Home. My husband has always had a simple wardrobe. He can wash his entire wardrobe within two loads. I never cared to much about that until after I read these books. It would literally take me a weekend to get my clothes folded, ironed and hung up just to destroy and ruin them throughout the next week. I am on a path to a much simpler wardrobe which includes a few of my favorite staples: You want good quality jeans. And when I say good quality you will feel it in the fabric. I bought these Madewell jeans during the holidays and I am in love. I chose to keep my ankle booties too! Ankle booties are versatile because you can wear them with your straight jeans or even with an organic skirt or tunic. A comfortable flannel and simple grey t shirt can get you through all of the seasons. I couldn't get rid of my white button up, because that can go with anything. When going outside or lounging around the house I use my long sleeve cardigan or a cargo jacket like the one below. The best for last is always trying to figure out what bag to keep. I swear by the Madewell Tote. I got this tote for christmas and I will never let it go. The #ToteWell from Madewell can be used everyday and is the perfect part of my minimalist closet:
Minimalist Wardrobe
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...