THE pepper EXPRESS: Easy Popovers - Made With A2 Milk®

Monday, December 7, 2015

Easy Popovers - Made With A2 Milk®

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MadeWithA2Milk #CollectiveBias
I have always had a love for baking. Ever since I was a little girl I always loved making home made cookies and biscuits with my mom. I want this tradition to continue with my children. They only problem is my little one has a lactose problem. When we bake we need to be careful of the ingredients. Using Milk Chocolate or Butter can cause a variation in her diet that will be painful the next day. When I was at Whole Foods the other day I found a great alternative. I found a2 Milk®which has a a2 System™ that keeps the milk pure from the cow to the cup. This opened up so many options for my family. I will be able to make pancakes and waffles for my little one. The easiest recipe I could think of right there in the store was to make Popovers. There are literally only four ingredients to make a batch of popovers. I would recommend that you use a popover pan if you can find one. But using a regular muffin tin would work as well. I knew that making these popovers with the a2 Milk® will allow my daughter to eat them because it's free of A1 protein!
Easiest Popover Recipe
Ingredients
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cup of a2 Milk®
1 1/2 cup of unbleached flour
1 teaspoon of salt
Vegetable Spray for the Popover pan
Pre heat your oven to 450 degrees with your popover pan
The biggest secret to making popovers is that all of your ingredients need to be at room temperature. If your eggs are cold you can put them in a bowl of warm water for ten minutes. 
Step one: Whisk your eggs and milk together until you get a frothy texture like the picture below:
Step two: fold your flour and salt into the frothy egg mixture:
Your popover batter should have air wholes in it like the picture below. This allows the batter to rise up and out of the pan.
Step three: Take your popover pan from the oven and coat the entire pan with your vegetable spray.
Step four: fill each cup 2/3 of the way full
Step five: bake in the over for 20 minutes.
Step six: once your popovers are out of the oven, removed them from their pan immediately by tipping the pan over. This allows them to stay crispy and you can serve them right away!
If you would like to try the a2 Milk®, check out their coupon here.
What will you make when you buy the a2 Milk®?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...