THE pepper EXPRESS: Double Almond Biscotti - Recipe

the pepper express

Friday, December 11, 2015

Double Almond Biscotti - Recipe

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayWithGlade #CollectiveBias
Now that the holidays are here I am at the grocery store practically every day. I usually stop at the grocery store on my way home from work. However, more often than I like, I forget an ingredient. The other day I wanted to make a quiche for breakfast when I realized I didn't have enough eggs. I ran to my nearest Safeway and grabbed a dozen. That's when I ran into the Glade®Limited Edition Winter Collection display. I smelled BE AT PEACE™, the Balsam Fir & Juniper Jar Candle and fell in love. But my true inspiration came from the SEND A LITTLE LOVE™ Vanilla Biscotti™ Jar Candle. I had never made a biscotti and every time I bought them at a coffee shop they usually would be overpriced. Then I decided to grab all of my ingredients to make my favorite biscotti, The Double Almond Biscotti: 
Double Almond Biscotti
Ingredients
7 oz Almond Paste, grated
1 stick of cold butter
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sliced almonds
4 large egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350° F.  Make sure you line a cookie sheet with parchment paper before your hands get sticky. Add the grated almond paste, butter, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Mix together with two forks until crumbly. 
Add sliced almonds to the crumble mixture. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg whites and vanilla until it looks frothy:
Before mixing the two bowls together. Male sure you have extra flour available for rolling the dough. Also have your pan and parchment ready. Add the frothy eggs to the floured mixture. Using your hands mix the dough until it holds together. Fold the dough on a floured surface.
Roll the dough into a 2 inch thick log. Cut the log in half and roll each piece 10 inches long. 
Move the rolls to your cookie sheet and flatten to 3/4 inch thickness. 
Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let the dough cool down for 10 minutes on a wire rack. 
Cut your dough into 3/4 inch diagonal slices. Then return them back to the cookie sheet, cut side down. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Flip and bake for another 10-12 minutes. Cool on a rack until easy to handle.
With this recipe you can dip each individual biscotti into chocolate and divide them up into their very own bag. I put mine together with a few candles from the Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection, mittens, mugs and a coaster as a gift basket for a friend to enjoy. 
How will you use the Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection to enjoy your holidays? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...