THE pepper EXPRESS: Autumn Sunrise

the pepper express

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Autumn Sunrise

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PassTheTEN #CollectiveBias
Growing up my father would always make me and my sister Shirley Temples. They have always been one of my favorite refreshments. I took the recipe of Shirley Temples and gave it a morning twist with some orange juice and 7UP TEN® I found at Walmart. This fun mocktail can be served in the morning at brunch or even during a Thanksgiving gathering. I like to set out the ingredients and let anyone make this delightful drink during the holidays.
I call this mocktail: Autumn Sunrise because we first made it during a Thanksgiving Brunch. One year my family decided to do an early Thanksgiving that started around noon and we only served breakfast items. To coincide with the theme I served these fun mocktails to my friends and family. You can also add an oz of vodka to give it an extra quark.
Autumn Sunrise
Ingredients:
1 oz orange juice
2 oz 7UP TEN®
1 tsp Rose's Grenadine
Lime Slices
ICE
METHOD:
Shake the orange juice, 7UP TEN®, and ice in a shaker until mixed well. Pour into a martini glass. Then slowly pour the tsp of Rose's Grenadine into each martini glass.The grenadine will sink to the bottom which will create the sunrise effect. Garnish with lime slices. The recipe serves two.
I prefer to serve it with the lime slices. I like the extra zing of citrus:
#PassTheTEN Sweepstakes
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...