- Ray-Ban Sunglasses: During the summer I really wanted a pair of these sunglasses but never had a chance to find the perfect pair. Now that it is fall and we plan on spending a lot of time in the snow... these sunglasses are required. It's crazy to know that you can get sun burnt from skiing all day!
- LUSH Cosmetics: Recently I was shopping for one of my best friends... and I got stuck in the LUSH store for over an hour. I had so much fun trying out their scrubs and body lotions that I had to buy myself some too. I need to stock up on some bath bombs and Sea Salt Spray!
- iPhone 6s: I feel silly walking around with an iPhone 4s. Everything is outdated and my camera sucks! I know I know it's still a phone and I can blog and respond to emails in a jiffy. But I truly need an update plus this phone case.
- MacBook Pro: If I am going to update my computer and get a personal computer this is going to be it. We use a Mac already at home and that's what I am used to. So if I'm going to invest it will definitely be a MacBook Pro!
- Kate Spade Pendants Necklace with the Initial J for Jennifer: nuff said.
- Super Rural: For Like Ever Print: I saw this print on one of my favorite blogs recently and fell in love. I would love to hang this in my daughters room above her bed.
- Madewell: THE TRANSPORT TOTE: I can not stress enough at how much I want this tote bag. I am such a chicken that I haven't' invested in this beauty. I am always too scared to buy an expensive purse because I know I would and could possibly ruin the poor leather purse. However, this transport tote would look mighty fine with my initials JDW on it!
- NARS Cosmetics Lipstick: Any NARS lipstick would do!
- Madewell Black Top: Looking for the ultimate turtle neck is hard. I found a few that I liked from Forever 21 but this one from Madewell really sets the limit!
- Ukulele All-Mahogany - Natural Satin: I don't need this specific ukulele but it would be nice!
- New Balance Sport Shoes: If I am going to get some new kicks... this is what they are going to be.
- Kate Spade Wallet: This wallet would look amazing in THE TRANSPORT TOTE!
- Portable Record Player in Light Blue: we need to have a talk about how awesome this Record Player is. I need to start my collection of Vinyl and I think I want to start with some Lana Del Rey and Adele!
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Well of course The Pepper Express is going to promote anything to do with PEPPERS! But really if you don't know the reason behind my blog name it's because my name Jennifer is one of the most common names in America and since I was a red headed step child my nick name as a kid was Pepper Ann... google it! And during the age of AOL messenger I was required to make up a user name on the spot. Using my nickname of Pepper and then Express... my favorite store at that adolecent time... created The Pepper Express! This is going to be my user name and I will copywrite it and claim it ( even though a small restarant in Oklahoma cliams to be the Pepper Express... it's still mine) wahooo... anyways I want to share a fun monthly delivery box with you. I was think about getting this service for my dad or brother in law. This is perfect for the holidays or even as a last minute gift:
Monthly Pepper Box is like having a miniature hot sauce festival delivered to your door every month. Each month discover savory gems of artisan hot sauces for only $22. Every box, you'll get 3 bottles of succulent heat ranging from a "Low Burn" to "Call the Fire Department" from hot sauce companies you've never heard of. Get 10% off your membership (Gift & Ongoing) at Monthly Pepper Box. It's the perfect box for the Pepper Head in your life, especially if that Pepper Head is you!
My readers get to save! 10% off Gift Membership or Ongoing Subscription signup - Use code: 10HOLIDAYhttp://usfamilycoupons.com/coupon.php?regionid=75&bid=12279&dealid=2123 .@usfg
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
When the time was right I bought a plane ticket to Montana to visit my family. Solin will be two in March and at that time I will need to purchase another seat for her. But this time I was able to sneak her on my lap and I thought we would be fine. Before the flight, I chose our seats strategically. We needed an aisle seat with extra room. I packed my luggage, her backpack and a diaper bag full of randoms stuff. And once my husband dropped us off at the airport is when I started to panic. I thought "why did I just buy one ticket... my husband should be coming with me... this is a team effort and I don't know if I can handle the worst case scenario of Solin throwing a fit on the airplane."
We arrived two hours early. That's what I prefer and I expect that on every plane flight. We did not check any bags. However, when they were boarding the flight they asked us to check our duffle bag, which made it easier on me.
We wondered around the terminal for the first hour. Then I stopped and bought us some dinner and Solin and I sat in an empty corridor and ate our dim sum and vegetables. I let her climb all over the place because I wanted her to release any built up energy she might be storing.
I bought this adorable mini back pack for Solin. I put an extra set of clothes in the backpack, plus an extra diaper and wipes just in case. Then I organized all of her toys in ziploc bags. I put a few extra books in their too. And of course I had a buffet of snacks to bribe her with.
Before boarding I ran to the bathroom and changed her diaper. Made sure she had a few drinks of water and that she had eaten. We both wore comfortable clothes. I had on yoga pants and a blue sweater. Solin wore black leggings with a polka dot button up shirt. I also let her wear moccasins because they were comfortable. I put her bangs up in a pony tail so that her hair wouldn't get in her eyes. Most of the toys I brought were toys she had never seen before. Like this little skipper doll she wouldn't let go of:
In her Fjallraven mini back pack I gathered craft supplies, toys and books of an assortment. Here are a few things to mention:
- Ziploc bags: To put each and every toy in. I also brought extra for miscellaneous stuff
- Googly Eyes and Sticky Putty: This was a fun activity for her to use the sticky putty and put each googly eye all over the place. We put them on our hands, our foreheads, even the tray in front of us.
- Assorted Pom Poms and Cup Cake Liners: With each pom pom we would place it in the cupcake liner and then she would organize them into her very own specify order. This was her favorite. She even started putting the pom poms in my ginger ale. I was ok with it. She thought it was hilarious.
- The Water Wow coloring boards were fun to use. There were no markers and we only needed to use water to create magical creatures appear.
- Toy Bracelets: we had fun putting the bracelets on mommy's arm and then transferring them to her arm. Sometimes I would put them on my ear and she would laugh. This took fifteen minutes of our time.
- Wooden Magnets: I originally thought that the tray in front of us would be made out of metal so we could stick these to. But they were fun to play with just as figurines.
- Indestructable Books: These books are incredible. Solin tries to ruin her every day books by ripping them and sometimes she even spills her drinks on them for fun! The Indestructables are truly what they are. I am about to buy this one and this one for her Christmas Stocking!
- Llama Llama Books: We bought the Llama Llama I Love You book for Valentines Day and Solin is obsessed. She has actually memorized the entire book. I knew there was going to be a melt down so I brought this book as insurance. I pulled out the book and read it over and over and over. When I thought I couldn't read it again. She would say "BoOoOK!"
- iPad with Protective Case: My husband pre-loaded our iPad with cartoons and movies for Solin to watch. We usually don't let her watch TV. But in this situation I was desperate. All the games and coloring apps were wonderful when we were in that last minute crunch. We had digital downloads of Despicable Me , Toy Story, and Monsters Inc. But her favorite was The Animal Sounds Song. This youtube video is only 2 minutes long. But when you watch it over 20 times in a row... that turns into 40 minutes... and when you are on a two hour flight... you're ok with that.. because she is occupied!
- Toddler Snacks: I went to the store the night before and grabbed Yogurt Melts, Organic Fruit Pouches, and even Mini M&M's
All of this stuff fit in her little Fjallraven mini backpack and she was proud to run around with it on her back.
Saturday, November 21, 2015
Friday, November 20, 2015
During our first Thanksgiving together my husband and I cooked the turkey. While we wrapped it up and made it look perfect. We got ready for the Thanksgiving day in our best attire. When I went to go pick up the Turkey all the juices spilled on me and ruined my Thanksgiving day outfit. I smelled like turkey broth all day long. Now I like to come prepared during the Thanksgiving holiday. I usually bring pajamas to change into by the end of the night. ONLY because my husband's family like to play an entire game of Liverpool Rummy. This is a family tradition and I love being competitive, but this game takes over four hours to play! Luckily we have pie, cookies and coffee to snack on. Here are a few of my favorite things for this season and don't forget your camera to capture the family memories!
Miss Selfridge Grey Dress, / Madewell Tights / Sole Society ankle boots / Madewell Vintage jewelry / Madewell stud earrings / Twin Pack Playing Cards / Mauviel Roasting Pan / Wedgwood Soup Dish Serveware / Wedgwood Gravy Boat / Just Slate Company Round Placemat / NOVICA Home Made Utensils / Wedgwood Formal Dinnerware / Yankee Candle Scented Candle / JCPenney Home bakeware / Drinkware / Threshold Golden Utensils / Starbucks VIA Latte Vanilla Latte / Sony a5100 16-50mm Mirrorless Digital Camera
Thursday, November 19, 2015
After driving around Apple Hill in the last post. We found O'Hallorans Apple Trail, where you can pick your own apples and pick your own pumpkins too! What I like about this pumpkin patch is everything is grown right here in their little patch. The pumpkins are laying right where they grew and you get to walk up and find the perfect one for you. The patch is then surrounded by apple orchards where you can run around and play in:
She didn't want this specific pumpkin in her cart...
We had the choice to pick apples off the tree or pick the apples from the bins.
We took our apples and apple cider for a ride in the cart:
I think I had more fun than she did:
Love this little lady:
Til' next year Apple HILL!
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
I had never been to Apple Hill before. So we gathered up the entire family and grandma Lexie too! We left early in the morning after a full breakfast and found ourselves among the chaotic cluster of people trying to get their apples. Apple Hill is about an hour away from Sacramento and during Fall is the best time to visit. The abundance of apples that are available go home to bake hundreds and hundreds of apple pies for the holidays. Carlie and Deans objective for the trip was to find the apple donuts. Solin wanted a pumpkin... in her language it's pronounce "puptin." And I wanted at least one family photos...
read more to hear about that outcome...
Our first stop was Rainbow Orchard. Arriving on a Saturday was a bad idea. We hit traffic hard trying to get into the parking lot. After we parked the car we had to use the bathroom and the only restroom in the vicinity was a porta potty. After letting Solin and carlie run around on the hay we walked into the apple warehouse that was packed full of people and the line for donuts wrapped around the entire warehouse. We walked out and decided to have fun in the orchard instead:
We took the opportunity to take some family photos... they didn't turn out as you can see by the blooper reel:
While we were standing on a slated hill... no one was happy. Solin wanted to play with my earrings, which led to her pulling out my stud earrings. Carlie took the opportunity to change her pose with every take. And Dean just stood there watching it all go down.
but once Solin was back in Grandma's arms she was happy as a clam.
All of our babies with their Great Grandma Lexie:
Dear John... we love your tractors:
Our next stop was the Apple Ridge Farm where we sat down and had a nice lunch that allowed Solin to run around and steal this ball from another family. No joke she literally walked up and took the ball from their table and walked away to play with it. With her being the youngest of two older siblings she almost has the tenancies of an only child, where she is not in-tuned to certain social behaviors. She takes the initiative and thinks everything is hers. It's hilarious to watch her around other kids:
Apple Pie and Apple donuts were at the top of our list:
A photo that was approved by Dean:
I could down a whole bag of Apple Donuts... only if I had enough coffee to go with them:
This is the Carlie face where she is saying: "Why do you always take photos when I'm eating?!?"
Her first Caramel Apple:
And yes she got to choose herself a pumpkin:
More snacks and souvenirs at the market:
The Saturday Market was in full swing by the time we got there. We were able to find some unique jewelry and some home made snacks to take home:
Plus you can't go home with out trying their Apple Cider!
The star of the show:
It was a beautiful day to spend up on Apple Hill. Next year I plan to go during the week. I even heard that going on Halloween Day is the best!