Pepper Express: S'mores without the Campfire

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

S'mores without the Campfire

 This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReadySetSnack #CollectiveBias
We took a camping trip up to Lake Tahoe for my birthday. It has become a family tradition. We found a great camping spot just minutes away from the lake the only problem was the warning for NO CAMPFIRES! I completely understand why this was posted throughout the campsites. The campfires here in Northern California are devastating and we wouldn't want to cause any more harm. We arrived while the sun was going down which allowed us just enough sunlight to set up camp. Usually after everything is in order and we have made our campsite feel like home; we create a campfire. There was an emptiness to our camping trip. Our campfire is where we tell silly stories and talk amongst each other.  I had all of the campfire necessities: popcorn for popping, marshmallows for roasting, and graham crackers for the s'mores. Instead of disappointing my family I decided to make a fun activity. I took the Hershey's Ready to Eat Pudding that I had bought from Walmart and decided to have everyone do a fun activity. 
I don't know why but we usually have a small craft box in our van. We found that we need crazy pipe cleaners and googly eyes to keep the older kids entertained. Time and time again this craft box has come in handy. Because you can put googly eyes on everything!
I am also thankful that we had spoons. I couldn't imagine how messy this could have been if we didn't have the spoons!
I gave each kid their choice to make what ever they wanted. One of them started making a Fire Warning sign out of the Hershey's Ready to Eat Pudding container and pipe cleaners:
Like I said everything is always better when it has a googly eye on it:
Maybe I put too many googly eyes on there:
With my lonesome marshmallows and graham crackers I created some great toppings to put on the Hershey's Ready to Eat Pudding:
This created a fun dessert for the whole family to enjoy despite the circumstances. We loved this. We were able to taste all the favors and textures of a s'more with out any red flag warnings from the Forest Ranger:
I always pack extra Hershey's Ready to Eat Pudding cups for my self because if I am caught alone with a cup I will practically drink it:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...