Pepper Express: Recipe - Italian Meatball Rolls

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Recipe - Italian Meatball Rolls

 This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackYourSnack #CollectiveBias
I must share with you a delicious recipe I received from my co-worker Elizabeth. When ever we have a potluck or bring in food for a team brunch she makes these delicious Sausage Rolls. I took the same concept and made her recipe into an Italian appetizer. I found Farm Rich Italian Style Meatballs at Walmart in the frozen section. I also bought some pre-made dough (also found in the freezer section.) Lastly, you need some marinara sauce of your choice (I like to use my home made marinara sauce.) With these ingredients you can have a delicious appetizer with only 30 minutes cooking time. Now there is some time required to prepare your dough and let it rise. You can either let your frozen dough rise over night or use the quick method and place your dough in the oven with a bowl of boiling water... Hey it worked for me!
Another great thing going on is that Farm Rich is having a Back Your Snack Contest where you can enter to win $10,000! Check out the submission page HERE!


Italian Meatball Rolls Recipe
1 Bag of Farm Rich Italian Style Meatballs
2 Tbsp Cooking Spray
Frozen White Ready Dough - 2 Loafs
3 Tbsp of Melted Butter
1 Jar of Marina Sauce

Preparation:
You can either let the dough rise over night or quickly let the dough rise in the oven with boiling water. Which ever you prefer. After the dough is ready you need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

While your dough is rising you want to cook the Farm Rich Italian Style Meatballs on a skillet pan. Once they are browned all around you can set your skillet aside and start kneading your dough. 
I placed my frozen ready dough in a casserole dish and let it rise in the oven with a bowl of boiling water.
This is what your dough should look like once its ready:
I pinch a handful of dough for each meatball:
I knead the dough into a disc shape large enough to cover a meatball:
I like to pinch the dough to seal it around the meatball:
Each pan can usually hold about a dozen rolls:
Before I place the rolls into the oven I brush them with butter:
I bake the rolls in the oven for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. 
Then I prepare the marinara sauce on the side and get ready to eat them. I prefer to make my own marinara sauce from vine tomatoes that are found at Walmart in the produce section. You can use pre-made marinara sauce if you would like. 
Another option is to brush more butter on the rolls to make them extra delicious:
Make sure to save some for yourself before they are all gone:
You can find upcoming demos of the semi- finalists on 9/19 and 9/20, and the finalists on 10/9 and 10/11 at your local Walmart. List of specific locations HERE
How would you use Farm Rich products to create a unique snack hack?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...