Pepper Express: Recipe - Chicken Salad Sandwich with Grapes & Almonds

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Recipe - Chicken Salad Sandwich with Grapes & Almonds

 This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DisneyFROZENGoesFresh #CollectiveBias
My mom used to make this recipe for us when I was little. If we had left over chicken it was always a treat to have this for lunch the next day. I actually looked forward to leftovers when ever I knew my mom was going to make a chicken salad sandwich. When I saw the FROZEN grapes at Walmart in the produce section I was so excited that they are actually still promoting one of my favorite Disney Movies. I know, I know I am a little to old for FROZEN. But I truly am a big fan of Idina Menzel  and I will admit that I have her live album on my phone and I love it! And maybe, just maybe I secretly sing "Let it Go" and "Wicked" to myself when I am stuck in traffic... but anyway... I wanted to share a delicious lunch recipe with you... and how about these grapes:
Truly the hardest part about this recipe is cutting each individual grape in half:
Chicken Salad Sandwich
Ingredients:
FROZEN grapes cut in half
2 cups shredded chicken
1/2 cup red onion chopped
1 cup chopped almonds
1 cup mayonnaise
I put everything in a mixing bowl and mix it all together:
I love my chicken salad sandwiches with croissants. They are amazing when you buy them fresh that day! To prepare them I just cut them in half with a serrated knife and spoon the chicken salad mixture on top:
We love grapes and are so excited about Disney putting some friendly faces in the produce aisle! Which fruit or vegetable would you like to see Disney help market next?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...