THE pepper EXPRESS: Lactose Breakfast Smoothie

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Lactose Breakfast Smoothie

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #livethefairlife #CollectiveBias
About six years ago our oldest started complaining about his stomach everyday at school. We didn't understand what was going on. We found out that everyday at lunch he was drinking milk from his cafeteria at school and the 2% milk was causing his stomach pains. Now that we know about his lactose intolerance; we try to stay away from milk products as much as possible. When I found out about fairlife at Kroger I was excited to try it for our family. Fairlife has less sugar and no lactose, plus the milk has more protein and calcium than regular milk. I was impressed by all of the facts I read up on failife.com, so I decided to make breakfast for our growing teenagers.
I grabbed some strawberries, two bananas, a hand full of spinach and some ice:
I layered them in the blinder:
And added about a cup of fairlife:
I blended all of the ingredients until the spinach wasn't in pieces anymore. Even though the smoothie comes out a little green. The kids like it because of the sweet bananas. And they never really know there is spinach in there unless I tell them.
I paired the smoothie with some scrambled eggs... in which I used the fairlife to make them fluffy:
Here is a great way to start your day lactose free:
 Be sure to check out more delicious milk recipes on the fairlife website! I'd love to hear your favorite!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...