Pepper Express: Camping Essentials

Monday, August 10, 2015

Camping Essentials

 This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RewardHealthyChoices #CollectiveBias
A couple weeks ago my husband went on a camping trip with his brother and I had the house to myself. It's kind of sad how scared I get when I've got the house to myself. SO I decided to tag along with some of my close girlfriends to go camping at a near by lake. The only problem was my husband took all of the camping supplies. I was running around the house trying to gather sunscreen, baby wipes, diapers, and any thing I could get my hands on to take camping with us.  After running around like a chicken with my head cut off I decided to throw everything in the van and van camp the entire weekend. We had a great time. Although I forgot too many things... I started making a list of items I needed. I would definitely need some Benadryl for our bug bites. Band-aids and Neopsorin for our little cuts and scrapes. Baby powder of all things I had forgotten... I truly needed that!
I have definitely learned my lesson on going camping with a toddler. You need to come prepared:
After a beautiful weekend of camping I went to my neighborhood Walgreens and grabbed all my necessities to make a camping essentials kit to keep on hand when ever I needed it. I used the Balance Rewards for healthy choices™ app which allowed me to earn extra points on buying products  I can use for our next camping outing or even back to school. I am able to keep track of my healthy lifestyle with this new app and you can earn 2,000 Walgreens Balance Rewards points ($2 reward) when you buy any two J&J Healthy Essentials participating products from 7/26/15-8/29/15!
When I went camping I remembered my toothbrush and toothpaste but I forgot the Listerine. I bought some baby powder because it is perfect for my baby's bottom and honestly I like to use it in my hair when I am camping. The baby oil also comes in handy for the baby or me; it's better than lotion sometimes! The Motrin and Benadryl was required because those pesky bugs were out to get us. Lastly, I will never leave the house again with out some Band-Aids and Neosporin. My daughter Solin was running around all day scraping her toes and knees. I am glad I prepared this kit for next time:
With all of my essentials in hand I organized everything into a tiny tote box that allows me to store it under my passenger car seat. This way I will never forget these simple essentials for when I truly need them. 
 Get points today for your healthy activities. Start today at Walgreens.com/healthychoices 
I'd love to hear about your health and fitness lifestyle!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...