THE pepper EXPRESS: Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie

the pepper express

Monday, August 24, 2015

Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie

 This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SwapMilk4Silk #CollectiveBias
After my Birthday next week I will be running in the Disneyland 5k! I am thrilled to be a part of the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend and I am fully prepared and geared up to run throughout the Disneyland parks. We had to buy our tickets way back in January and they sold out within an hour. While training for the marathon I created a delicious smoothie that keeps me going. I use quick oats, Silk® Almond Milk Single Serves in Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Bananas and lots of ICE! All of the ingredients you can find at Walmart. Plus, all of the ingredients are shelf stables except the ice of course!
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
Ingredients:
1 cup quick oats
1 Silk® Almond Milk Single Serves in Chocolate
1/3 cup of peanut butter
1 cup of sliced bananas
2 cups ice

I don't think it matters in which order you put the ingredients in your blender. I prefer to put the bananas and then the oats:
The peanut butter goes next but be careful because it is very sticky:
and looks pretty gross... but I assure you that this is delicious:
The smoothie is delicious because of the Silk® Almond Milk in Chocolate. What's great is Silk® Almond Milk has 50% more calcium than dairy milk. No artificial colors, flavors or funny business. I personally like it because it is non dairy. 
With that being said you use the entire single serve container; which is 90 calories per serving:
Add your ice and blend everything together until you have a very smooth consistency. I prefer the texture to be a little lumpy. But if you don't want there to be clumps you can use cooked oatmeal.
This recipe makes two 10 oz cups for you and someone special to enjoy!
If you don't want to use the Silk® Almond Milk in Chocolate you can always use the Silk® Almond Milk in Vanilla which adds some great flavor as well:
Be sure to check out more delicious recipes HERE. I'd love to hear your favorite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...