THE pepper EXPRESS: #Ad Summer Time Chicken Dinner

the pepper express

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

#Ad Summer Time Chicken Dinner

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. 
#SummerYum #CollectiveBias
Did I ever mention I used to be a vegetarian... maybe a time or two. Yup our family used to be vegetarians. When I was pregnant my cravings triumphed over my beliefs and I started eating meat again. For the last year I have had difficulty making meals for my family because I was used to making vegetarian dishes and now each member of my family has a different diet. We have a vegan, a baby who is gluten intolerant, teenagers who are picky and me: who will eat anything! When dinner time comes around I panic. This past weekend when I was out and about my older kids called me and asked me to pick up something for them for dinner. Luckily I was at the Walmart Deli and I was able to find some Fried Chicken at a great price. 

I walked up to the counter and I could see the associate making the rotisserie chickens. I asked her for fresh, hot chicken and she created a box for me to take home. 
Since it was just me and the two kids eating the chicken; an 8 piece selection was good enough for us. I was just thankful I was able to find the chicken while I was out doing my errands. 
When I got home I was able to make a fun recipe with the Chicken:
Simple Chicken Alfredo
Ingredients:
Shredded rotisserie chicken or fried chicken from the Walmart Deli
Large shell noodles
Alfredo Sauce of your choice
And if you prefer some parmesan cheese!
Once I boil the noodles I start cooking the Alfredo sauce over low heat.
I then spread the Alfredo sauce over the noodles:
Top the noodles and sauce off with the shredded chicken:
Then sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top and there you have it... A simple and easy recipe that you can share with your family without slaving away in the kitchen all night.
And since I was done with dinner so fast we were able to have a fun little pool party:
This little lady scares me at how much she loves water. We are in the process of teaching her infant swimming and she is doing very well!
And then there is this big fish:
Buying dinner at the Walmart Deli made it easy for me and my family to enjoy our summer. Plus we had a delicious treat too...
Be sure to check out your local Walmart deli for delicious fresh fried chicken. I'd love to hear what you'd use it for this summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...