THE pepper EXPRESS: My Favorite Italian Soda Recipe

the pepper express

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

My Favorite Italian Soda Recipe

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
I am a big big fan of Italian Sodas. I usually order a Strawberry Italian Soda at my favorite restaurant every year on my birthday. And recently I learned that you can order them at Starbucks (on their hidden menu) and now I am hooked! Last week I went searching for the ingredients to make one and a friend recommended buying the Torani strawberry syrup from Smart & Final.  I had only visited Smart & Final when I needed to buy items in bulk. I was excited to find out that they have a complete produce section and it was Antioch's Grand Opening!
There was such a great selection of fruits and vegetables. The pineapples and jicama had a great price!
While I was grocery shopping I stumbled across the Good & Well section and found a few of my favorite soups from Amy's. And when I found the selection of Torani's syrups I was in awe!
I decided to use the strawberry flavoring; because you can never go wrong with strawberry. 
Anyways here is my go to recipe for an Italian Soda: 
Ingredients
Flavored Syrup (I prefer Torani's)
Sparking Water or Club Soda 
First Street Whipping Cream
Maraschino Cherries
Crushed Ice
All of these items can be found at Smart & Final, it's a great place to do a one stop shop. You can find out more about Smart & Final by following along on their Twitter or Facebook.
Instructions
1. Fill each glass with ice.
2. Then use about 4 to 5 pumps of the syrup per cup
3. Pour your club soda into your cup but leave room for your whipping cream. 
4. Get a little creative with your whipping cream when you spray it on top
5. Usually you could be done with your soda at this point and it could look like this:
But I love to mix mine around and around... so that it looks like this:
Now that I have shared my favorite Italian Recipe with you. What flavor are you going to try?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...