THE pepper EXPRESS: Mason Jar Picnic with Kool-Aid Easy Mix

the pepper express

Monday, April 20, 2015

Mason Jar Picnic with Kool-Aid Easy Mix

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PourMoreFun #CollectiveBias
Lately I have had the urge to create a mason jar salad. When I went to Walmart to find mason jars I found a pack of twelve of them. They were such a great price that I decided I would make a mason jar picnic with the jars. I would have my mason jar Quinoa Salad, my Fruit Parfait as a dessert, and a refreshing drink made with KOOL-Aid Easy Mix. I chose KOOL-Aid Easy Mix because it is really easy and convenient to make. And I wanted this meal kit to be ready to take to a park or lake nearby.
As I said before I bought these twelve beautiful mason jars and I also was able to buy all of my ingredients at my local Walmart. I wanted to share with you my Mason Jar Quinoa Salad recipe: 
Ingredients:
2 Cups of Cooked Quinoa - cooled and fluffed with a fork
Cherry Tomatoes - washed and cut in half
1 Cucumber - washed and cut into cubes
1/3 Bunch of Fresh Parsley - I forgot the parsley and used cutting celery from my garden
1 Can of Garbanzo Beans - drained and rinsed 
1/3 cup of Greek Dressing - you can always add more to your liking
Once you mix all of the ingredients in a bowl you can taste test to see if you need to add any more dressing or extra salt and pepper. After everything is mixed, I scoop a good portion into the mason jars with a measuring cup. Then set them in the fridge to chill.
For the mason jar dessert I created a Fruit Parfait:
Ingredients:
2 Cups of Vanilla Yogurt 
1 Cup of Granola
1 Cup of Sliced Strawberries
4 Tablespoons of Agave Nectar
With all of the ingredients I like to layer them in a specific order. I put a few tablespoons of yogurt on the very bottom. Then I scoop a tablespoon of granola and place it on top of the yogurt. Then the strawberries go on top. And finally I drizzle the agave nectar as my last ingredient.
The layered mason jar looks very appealing and delicious. 
My beverage of choice for the mason jars was Kool-Aid Easy mix. I needed a quick, refreshing beverage the whole family would enjoy. And since this picnic was going to be held in my backyard, we were able to make it in a carafe right then and there. Just Add Water. You can make it in a pitcher or a glass. Makes 6 quarts or 3 pitchers.
My picnic meal was a success and I was able to make food and drinks for four people out of the twelve mason jars.
When I was at Walmart they were showcasing a demo on the KOOL-Aid Easy Mix. I walked up for a sample and I had a huge flashback to when I was a little girl and my mom would make us Tropical punch using a Kool-Aid packets. Now that the KOOL-Aid Easy Mix is available I can enjoy those memories with my children now. And you can to by checking out their items on the Walmart website!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...