Pepper Express: Baby's Day Out at Sam's Club

Monday, April 6, 2015

Baby's Day Out at Sam's Club

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SamsClubMag #CollectiveBias
When I was younger, going to the grocery store was always a treat! My mom had four kids and she would pick one individual child to go to the store with her. I completely understand why she only took one, and since I was the oldest, I was able to help her more often. 
We took Solin with us to Sam's Club last week to pick up some diapers and she was all over the place. She was getting antsy sitting in the cart, so I let her walk around the aisle to let her explore. 
I recently read an article in Healthy Living http://cbi.as/6wkk that gives some insight on why movement is the best medicine. I know that Solin is extremely giggly when she can run down an aisle and play peekaboo with me. But this article: Go Outside and Play really shines a lot of light on the benefits of letting your child run around and be active. 
There were a few moments when she would crawl in between the pallets and climb up on the boxes. But other than that she was able to sprawl out and have a giddy ole time. 
We were surprised to find such a good stock available. Whenever we go to a neighborhood grocery store and buy wipes we can never find them in bulk! And now that Solin is growing faster than a weed, we are buying size four diapers for a toddler! 
After running around the store I always love to buy a pretzel at the end. 
It's a fun treat to end the shopping experience with.
When I go home, I like to make sure and organize our changing area. With all of the diapers and wipes we found at Sam's Club, we coordinate a neat little area that is usually the center of chaos. When I am changing Solin, I need to have the diapers and wipes on hand. Plus a garbage can and sometimes an extra outfit just in case! Having this many wipes and diapers can last us for about three to four months and then we go back and restock!
Another article that caught my eye in Healthy Living magazine was the Diaper Rash Basics. Being a new mom I never knew what the difference was between a friction rash and a yeast rash.  In the article Dr. Alan Greene was able to pin point each individual baby rash and give me some clues on what to find and how to treat them! 
What article would you like to see in Healthy Living magazine that would help a new mom out the most? I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...