Pepper Express: Solin's First Birthday Party

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Solin's First Birthday Party

This past weekend we celebrated my daughter's first birthday. With all of the planning a preparations I am very surprised and sad that it is over. All of our family was there. Even my mother flew in from Montana! I was planning and pinning for over a month and within a couple of hours it was done. I know she won't remember it like we will. But I hope you enjoy the photos and keep the mementos as long as you can Solin Grey.
Her lace crown was from a DIY I found on pinterest HERE. I bought the lace from Hobby Lobby. And I secured the crown to some elastic I bought HERE!
Some details not to be forgotten:
Our favors consisted of jelly beans and gumballs. The jelly bean favor was an incredible idea from this PIN! And the #1 gumball cups were made with my Cricut using the cartridge you can find HERE.
I created a few country fair games and our decorations went along with the theme. We even had a delicious BBQ that my In-Laws made!
We used a pallet board for the Balloon Pop. I also cricutted the letters and glued them to the board and used a staple gun to secure each balloon. Now this game required a chaperone because we use darts to pop the balloons. But this game was very POPular!
And of course our little Solin Grey:
I bought a white onesie from Hobby Lobby HERE. And used burlap iron on letters... also found at Hobby Lobby here: O N E. The fabric was scrapes we had from an older project and we turned it into a cute lil tutu!
Her cousin Madison is only five months older than her. But they were adorable and loved on each other^^^
I wanted to stay away from cutting cake during the party. My friend Kristen made Pie Pops, Rice Krispey Pops, and Lemon Bars for all of the guests to enjoy!
However the one and only cake I baked was Solin's smash cake:
This chalk board sign was made by Paper Elephant on Etsy.
After the party was said and done. Solin did not go to bed until ten o'clock that night. 









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...