I usually plan to have a White Christmas in Montana with the rest of my family. But this year we have no travel plans and we are going to enjoy a lovely Christmas in the comfort of our home. I live in California and where I live we don't get snow. But the Christmas season is full of beautiful foggy mornings and gorgeous rainy days. This year I am getting our family in the festive mood by planning some fun local events near our home. And I thought I would share them with you:
- You must visit Santa at the Bass Pro Shop! My best friend and I have made a tradition to visit Santa every year and we take home the picture as a keepsake. This year is Solin's first Christmas and I can't wait until she meets him!
- If you get a chance go to the Haggin Museum. This year they have the Comic Book Fun & Holiday Mash Up. Which was a delight to see for all ages. Just be careful not to take any pictures... because I was reprimanded by one of the security guards :(
- If you are willing to venture off and cut down your own tree please visit Billy's Farm. This place is dear to me because I grew up cutting down my family Christmas Tree here every year. Just recently we have decided to start the real tree tradition again.
- In Old Sacramento they present the Theatre of Lights on the beautiful building fronts. And if you get the timing right you can see a presentation of "Twas the Night Before Christmas."
- Dell' Osso Family Farms presents Holidays On The Farms which is now open and ready for you to drive through!
- Now if you are in the San Francisco area... The Union Square Holiday Ice Rink is one of my favorites... not only can you view the beautiful window displays at Macy's. But the Christmas Tree in the middle on Union Square is splendid!
- The Nutcracker is a holiday production that can not be missed. At the Sacramento Ballet you will always find this Christmas Classic each and every year.
- Another idea is at the Stockton Civic Center. They are playing the beloved musical Sound of Music! Just in case you are in the mood for another classic!
- At the Oakland Zoo they host Zoo Lights which is currently open and running after 5;30 pm.
- And if you would love to venture to my home town and visit Wine & Roses they will have a Holiday Brunch on December 21st. Be careful because they sale out fast!
(Photo credit found on Pinterest. You can find the free printable HERE)