THE pepper EXPRESS: Christmas at the Haggin Museum

Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas at the Haggin Museum

With Christmas just around the corner I am researching and trying to find anything and everything to get us into the holiday spirit. I found out about the Haggin Museum from a friend and I was ashamed to say that I had never really gone inside the museum. Our family likes to picnic at the park in front of the museum but the hours are wonky so we never actually get to go in. Knowing that the whole museum was set up in holiday decor made me schedule a family date for all of us to visit the beautiful museum. 
^When you can not find the handicap ramp... sometimes you need to improvise^
If I could buy any piece at the museum it would definitely be this Yosemite painting that I fell in love with.
Solin didn't really care about the art work... she just wanted to play with the twinkly lights. 
I love following the kids around just to see the museum through their eyes. 
 The Haggin Museum wouldn't be complete without some Stockton history.
I have a weird memory of Victory Park. Now if you are from this area you know that Victory Park has a bad rep. But the park is located in such a beautiful neighborhood just around the corner from the University. When I was about six years old I remember playing in the park with my dad and two older cousins. Back then the park had an AMAZING rocket ship for a slide (one of those antique metal slides) I remember spending the entire day climbing that rocket ship. When we were done I climbed in the back of my dads truck and found his caulking gun full of silicone cement. I had no idea what it was used for but I still pushed the tube and all of the cement splatted all over my dads car seats and all over me. I remember my dad looking back at me with a horror stricken face. He was soo mad. When I got home it took a long hot bath for my mom to scrub that dried cement off of me and my cute new shoes. Needless to say I have never used a caulking gun since. And at this point my dad doesn't remember this ever happening! 
If you would like to see my Maternity photos from this beautiful location you can go HERE!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...