THE pepper EXPRESS: Stupid Proverb

the pepper express

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Stupid Proverb

Today I cried. I spend about an hour of my day pumping. Expressing milk for my seven month old. I am at the point where I am trying to exclusively pump because my baby girl has four gruesome mean teeth. My milk supply is flourishing and I am very proud of my breastfeeding success. At first breast feeding was one of the hardest things I could possibly think of. I felt the most excruciating pain the first six weeks. Once I visited a lactation consultant and she informed me that my baby was not latching correctly, everything was fantastic after that. Breast feeding has become second nature to me and my baby. During the day she drinks the expressed milk and my breast milk inventory is usually stocked up. She is growing rapidly and eating more than I can supply at this time. When I take a break at work to pump, I usually am able to express 5-6 oz at a time. I then keep the milk in my insulated carrier and put the milk in the refrigerator. When I get home I transport the precious cargo from the lunch pail to my home refrigerator and in that moment is when the 12 oz of breastmilk splat on the ground. In that instant it was a lose-lose situation. While I am cleaning up the useless milk; tears are coming down my face and I remember that stupid proverb “it’s no use in crying over spilt milk.” Well guess what I am going to cry about it. Because sometimes you need a good cry. And this is just unfair!

*** I feel much better now that I was able to vent.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...