THE pepper EXPRESS: 225 Days Old

the pepper express

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

225 Days Old

I'm counting and keeping track by the months, by the weeks, by the days. It just so happens that today is one of my favorite days to REMEMBER & REMEMBER it well. (The Fifth of November?) Today she is 225 days old. I can not grasp how far you have come along little one. Your motor skills surprise me every day. With one sly grip of your hand you have clumps of your mommy's hair torn out. You disappear from sight just by rolling. You know how to army crawl backwards... yes only in reverse. Your four teeth are sharp and mean when the booby tap is empty. I have mixed feelings on weaning you at this point. I want you to have every opportunity to be as healthy as possible. Would it be better to express the milk and give it to you thawed? You despise formula and refuse to have it anywhere near you... I honestly don't know what to do. We started with the baby food and we had a very hard time with constipation (pun intended.) Now everything is normal because apples and bananas. I am a firm believer in eating an apple a day so that we can keep the doctor away. But I am very impressed at how pureed apples worked like magic! 
Apple Puree Recipe found from Pinterest:
Ingredients: apples (about 2 pounds), peeled, cored, and quartered  (I prefer fuji)
Preparing Instructions:
1. Place apples in a vegetable steamer. (I used my rice cooker) Steam, covered, 12 minutes or until very tender.
2. Place apples in a food processor; process until smooth. (I used my blender)
.Easy Freezing This recipe is based on 1/4-cup serving sizes. If you freeze batches in ice-cube trays, one cube usually holds 2 tablespoons. We recommend defrosting just one cube when baby is new to solid food. Later on when baby has started eating more, defrost two to four cubes (2 to 4 ounces or 1/4 to 1/2 cup).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...