Pepper Express: 10 Year High School Reunion!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

10 Year High School Reunion!

There was a point when I decided I didn't want to go. Why is it soo nerve wracking to make that decision. I knew some of my long time friends would be there. And I knew I would feel comfortable being in my home town. But I feel as if I am suffering from some sort of postpartum in which I am beyond conscious about my body. I don't fit into my maternity clothes anymore and I was able to jump into my pre pregnancy jeans just last month. But I still feel a little shy. When I made my decision to wear a LBD to the reunion, I didn't realize that it was going to rain that night. So before I left I threw on some tights and ankle boots just in case there was a chill... you can never go wrong with a LBD. On the drive to my hometown of Lodi, CA (where I was born and raised) I was anxious but my husband reassured me that everything was going to go great. 
Once we made our donations for our next reunion I started seeing people I knew and felt at home. One of my best friends Sandi is an official extrovert and I decided to hang out with her all night. She is a true friend and one of the most out going people that I know. I on the other hand am an introvert all the way. My husband and I started the night at the bar and then mingled around until I found my fellow band members.
Yes I was considered a band geek. But technically I was only in the Color Guard. I played piano throughout high school but it was through an independent teacher. (Check out that wrong date on that developed picture ^^^hehe)
I am sad that a few of my long time friends didn't make it. But there will always be 2024?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...