Pepper Express: Book Club

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Book Club

 First off I must tell you that I had to get IN-N-OUT>>> enough said
But I will get to the point and say that my friends and I have put together a wonderful list of books for us to read. I decided to go and visit Barnes & Nobles to find them. And yes it was a wonderful scavenger hunt because I needed to speak to a clerk 4 or 5 times. 
Baby was there to help but she was grabbing books from the Bio section and since we have already read the Steve Jobs Biography... we will just put that one back Solin!
Once I found a few of the books; I started to price check them online. I'm sorry Barnes & Nobles but it hurts me to pay $24.99 for a book I know I am only going to read once. 
So I limited my purchase and didn't buy all 19 books :-)
Book Club
  1. Juliet’s Nurse by Lois Leveen
  2. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
  3. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
  4. Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo
  5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
  6. Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
  7. Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
  8. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
  9. The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland by Catherynne M. Valente
  10. Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
  11. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
  12. Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
  13. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
  14. Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo
  15. Not that Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
  16. The Husbands Secret by Liane Moriarty
  17. Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
  18. Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah
  19. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
Each of us girls made a list of five books we wanted to read and wrote them down on post-it notes. Then it was a lottery system after that. There are four girls but only 19 books because Life After Life was chosen twice! The underlined books are what I am looking forward to reading.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...