- I am the eldest of three sisters and one baby brother... and I bullied them all when we were kids! #ImSorry
- Solin is my first born but I have two beautiful step children who don't like to be photographed too often… I must always get their permission first before I can post their photo. #TheirRules
- I am pleased to say that my labor only lasted 45 minutes and no medication was needed (bragging rights reserved) This makes me want another baby ASAP.
- I will not eat sauerkraut, beets, and peas.
- I visited Anne Franks Annex when I was 13, and I have never been the same.
- I have split my head open more than five times (all happening before I was ten years old)
- My new hobby is blogging, but I don't officially have the blog design under wraps yet. So please hold your constructive criticism.
- I have watched every episode of How I Met Your Mother and Breaking Bad.
- I am a sucker for chocolate chip cookies with walnuts.
- I will challenge you to any game of Scrabble or Chess. I’m no Bobby Fischer but I’ll try and beat ya.
- We have over 50,000 photos in our iPhoto inventory. When will we ever look at all of those?
- I have traveled to 34 out of the 50 states.
- I play the piano.
- Breastfeeding is one of the hardest things I pushed myself to do. The first 6 weeks were very painful. But now everything feels like second nature.
- I dated my husband for 5 years before he proposed. We married on our 6 year anniversary. And our baby was born 5 days before our 1 year wedding anniversary.
- I’m addicted to Starbucks and Target. (admitting is the first step)
- I can not eat or drink anything without getting something spilled on me.
- With that being said I am the biggest klutz you will ever know.
- I believe in Tahoe Tessie and I am terrified of sharks.
- I have fed marshmallows to crocodiles in the Everglades.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Saturday, September 27, 2014
I remember when birthday parties were full of cupcakes and weird hats. You would invite too many kids to your house and everyone would be on a sugar high. Now that I am 28 we don't have birthday parties anymore. Instead we celebrate and go out and have fun adventures... like the Winchester Mystery House. I was skeptical to go because I'm a wimp. I heard scary stories about the mansion and was a little afraid. It was my friend Jessica's birthday and she wanted all of us to go on a Mystery House Tour. I decided to be open minded and here is what I found:
( We were told that you can not take photos during the tour... I'm a rebel and decided "Why Not?")
( A window in the middle of the floor?)
(The Tiffany stained glass created such a beautiful infraction throughout the room)
(Mrs. Winchester built around her bell tower)
(I do not understand this. A door without a balcony!?!)
(My favorite was the gardens)
(There is always time for a snack break... and I will always vote for CHIPOTLE)
(Sometimes I shouldn't climb trees... because I never know how to get down)
(Our second stop of the day was the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum)
(This replica of King Tut's Tomb was intimidating. I was a little afraid to go in)
(We ended the night at BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse with a delicious Framboise)
(And their mozzarella tomato salad is worth trying)
(Happy Birthday Jessica)
(Don't leave BJ's Restaurant without enjoying one of their s'more pizookies!)
Friday, September 26, 2014
We ventured through the Friday night traffic and rain to visit City Beach in Fremont. With the weather being on the fritz it was a great location. The rock gym was very accommodating for all of us. Here are a few photos from our family date night:
(Carlie knew what she was doing)
(Solin might be a future rock climber herself)
(My spider monkey pose was really working)
(So proud of Mr. Dean. He really put in a lot of effort)
(The baby was great. My husband and I would take turns holding her while each of us climbed)
I find it funny to know that my husband follows and reads my blog. Sometimes he is my spell check or my inquisitor, but this time I'm talking about you. I love your minimalist style. I wish I could cope with your wardrobe. But instead I have one hundred pairs of shoes and twenty seven bras. I love the fact that you can change into a pair of flip flops and look casual or you can wear your dress shoes and look sophisticated. Even though you don't like wearing sunglasses; I must tell you that you look handsome in them. And I think its hilarious that you wear scarves!
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Six Months. I don't believe it. Your fat and chubby face looks like you are an eight month old, but I know that I only gave birth to you six months ago and I can not understand how you have grown so much. Your new nickname is Tri-Tooth because your top left tooth has fully emerged and momma is not happy about it. Last week while I was feeding you,
you decided to bite down and cause mommy heart wrenching pain!
I'm so proud that you can sit up and eat your baby food now. You love sweet potatoes and kick your feet up and down whenever I feed them to you. You try to crawl… you’re not there yet but you try. We all love to make you laugh because baby laughter is pure magic and brightens every one's eyes. It is now officially fall and your love for the outside grows everyday. You show your appreciation for nature just by the reflection of the trees in your eyes. And the color of your eyes takes after your middle name.
They are a deep grey; and I wonder if they will stay.
PS: my wonderful friend Sandi made her sweater. And your can visit her etsy account HERE!
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
- Hello first day of Autumn! I think I am going to follow this list to the T.
- Getting ready for October and some lovely printables like these.
- The best part of Autumn means I can start wearing tights.
- Everything I am looking forward to is on this pinterest link.
- I can't handle the fact that The Gilmore Girls will officially be on Netflix in October 1st.
- No need to define this wonderful season.
- Who is going to be wearing these wonderful socks? I AM!
- Chalkboard ideas? I love that I can decorate my chalkboards for the seasons.
- And this printable HERE is a must!
Labels: Click on this
Sunday, September 21, 2014
For my birthday my husband wanted to get me a dozen macarons... And he found this place:
Macaronage pronounced (ma-kro-naj) is nestled in the middle of Stockton
Macaronage pronounced (ma-kro-naj) is nestled in the middle of Stockton
and is the perfect spot for some delicious confections!
Saturday, September 20, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
My entire pregnancy I craved this place like crazy. I never made my way up to Sacramento and had the time to enjoy some Urban Eats. My husband and I had a pretty interesting day... in which our errands went from the hospital to a credit union to the post office... long story short we found ourselves hungry with an abundance of time in Sacramento. And the only place I wanted to go was Jacks's Urban Eats.
My very good friend Sandi had introduced me to the fries
and I knew my vegetarian husband would love the salad options.
(There are a couple locations in Sac, but this one is my favorite)
(Love the ambience of the place)
(And that marquee sign ^^^)
(Solin usually entertains herself, however today she wanted some fries too)
(I do not like blue cheese, but when it is on these delicious Urban Fries;
plus Buffalo Sauce and Red Pepper Flakes... I will eat them all)
This post is brought to you by the letter J. Because I, Jennifer, would love to have this letter marqueed for me... Please! I have actually found some amazing DIY tutorials HERE and HERE!