- I am looking forward to some baked goods at Mr. Holmes Bakehouse. Only because I have been stalking them on instagram and I am truly craving a delicious danish!
- Shopping for bathing suits is horrible when you are conscious about your body and you just recently had a baby. So this year I am sticking with some cute one pieces from here and here. Then I will be wearing a simple kimono over them just in case!
- With my husband being a vegetarian we usually opt for pancakes and waffles during Sunday morning breakfast. But with Gwyneth Paltrows new book: It's All Easy; we have found some great recipes. My favorite so far is the Asparagus Mimosa and her version of an Acai Bowl!
- I am planning a trip to San Diego in June and I keep researching restaurants and activities to do. I found Cafe 21 on the list of downtown restaurants. Plus I heard there is an Urban Outfitters I want to check out too! Do you have any suggestions?
- Father's Day is less than a month away. Both my father and my husband are very difficult to buy for. My father is most likely going to get an external drive or even a case for his iPad! My husband needs a new wardrobe and I might end up purchasing him a nice blue linen shirt from here or here!
- We are in the process of buying eye glasses for our family. We would usually buy them from our doctors. However, I feel like I am being cheated when I found out that the Prada eye glasses are well over $300. I think I am going to stick with Warby Parker. We ordered their 'at home try-ons' and I think I am going to get these sunglasses too!
- Summer is coming! And I think it would be great if my daughter lived out of rompers all summer long. I have been shopping for them like crazy. This one from Zara would be great when we go to the beach. Old Navy has a great chambray romper that is perfect to keep in the diaper bag just in case. And sometimes I wish these rompers came in my size, like this one!
- What are your thoughts on circle sunglasses? I always think of John Lennon when I see them. I am usually a fan of of the tortoise shell sunglasses like the Warby Parker ones above. But I also have these ones in my cart right now :?
- I am also a big fan of Lauren Conrad. And this dress has caught my eye. I would love to wear it to my cousin's wedding coming up!
- They say it's always better to read the book before the movie. I made the mistake of watching The Time Traveler's Wife first. Which by the way is one of my favorite movies because I love Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams. Now that I have an audible account, I can't get enough of audio books and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger has made me cry practically every morning.
Friday, May 20, 2016
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
We are in the process of moving. June 1st we will be in our new house. In the meantime I am doing laundry at the Laundromat. I stopped at Walmart on the way to the laundromat and grabbed some Shout® Trigger Triple-Acting Stain Remover. I knew I was going to be washing my Vans and I needed a stain fighting agent that could break up and remove tough stains. Especially since my Vans were white! Whats great is the Shout® can also work on your colored fabrics as well.
I grabbed my Shout® Trigger Triple-Acting Stain Remover and sprayed a good amount on all of the troubled spots. I had dirt, mud and even fruit punch on these white Vans:
I let them sit for a little bit to absorb the formula:
Then I collected my change from the bottom of my purse. I couldn't believe they charge you $2.00 for one wash!
I placed my shoes in the washer and waited the 18 minutes until they were done.
I prefer to let my tennis shoes air dry. At this point I just took them home and put them on my shoe rack and let them dry. But if you want you can throw them in the dryer.
What will you use Shout® for?
Friday, May 13, 2016
A month later and I am finally able to compile some pictures from our anniversary weekend away. It was a true surprise when my husband initially told me we were going camping. We made the plans for the kids to stay with their grandma. We drove the 3 hours south and found ourselves in Downtown Monterey. My husband told me we were stopping for dinner before we reach our final destination. Once we got out of the car I had to go to the bathroom immediately. We walked into a coffee shop and they said no public restrooms. Then we walked past the Monterey Hotel and my husband said "there must be a bathroom in there." We walked along the Victorian hallway of the Monterey Hotel and found ourselves at the desk of a concierge man. When my husband, RJ, opened his mouth I thought he was going to ask for a bathroom, instead he asked to check in! It takes a lot to surprise me and usually my husband is the only person who can get by with a sneaky surprise. This was a good one.
That night we walked along the Fisherman's Wharf and couldn't decide upon a restaurant for dinner. There were too many fish options and nothing for vegetarians. As I walked past a teal restaurant called Abalonetti I knew that was going to be the place for dinner just because their Bloody Mary's looked delicious! I had the Rockfish while my husband had the grilled eggplant. And yes their Bloody Mary's are incredible.
The next day my husband signed us up for a bike ride.. on a Schwinn Tandem! Originally it was my idea. But usually on vacation I like to relax and chill... not go on a 17 mile bike ride! The Schwinn was a birthday present from my dad last year and was just hanging in our garage all by itself. My husband fixed it up and we were able to ride it from Monterey to Carmel by the Sea! The down side was that the Schwinn didn't change gears, so when we were riding up hill it was very difficult. The upside was a truly beautiful bike ride with my adventure loving husband:
We carried a picnic basket on the back of the tandem. In our basket we had water bottles, prosciutto, cheese and crackers. We kept some room in our basket just in case we wanted to buy some souvenirs... like wine or something.
I like to wrap my prosciutto around my brie like this:
We window shopped and people watched:
And I found an ivy bush that I fell in love with:
We asked a couple locals what they would recommend for lunch and they talked highly of Dametra Cafe! I was craving a gyro and my husband was able to enjoy the vegetarian falafel:
I realized that there were too many photos from this post...
to be continued...